When you or a loved one is moving into an assisted living facility, it is so important to do your homework ahead of time. Because there are so many choices, you must get familiar with all of the variables involved. You will need to understand your budget constraints, as well as the locations available, the levels of care offered, and the differences between large and small facilities. You also need to know the reasons assisted living placements sometimes¬†don’t work out.
Of course, sometimes a placement doesn’t work out.There are several reasons a¬†resident may decide a home is not right for them. Here are some of the most common reasons people change facilities.
- Fees are unclear
- Health care needs change – Some facilities offer all levels of care, some do not
- Personality conflict with a caregiver or another resident
- Language barrier of some kind
- Type of food served – Even though the quality may be good, a resident may not be able to adjust to new foods and and new cooking styles
- Death of a spouse – Care needs or social needs may change when a resident loses their spouse
With A Caring Heart’s free help to find assisted living in Vancouver WA, we can help you clarify all your different options, and analyze how your choices compare to each other. We will help you make a customized plan that will minimize the chances of you or your loved one needing to move again. Call us today, we are here to help with this big decision.